Monday 10 January 2011

The benefits of small stones?

I know that of what I've written so far, most are not actually small stones. Like I said at the beginning, maybe it's enough to write something every day, but I'm not even managing that. Have I failed already then? I don't think so. I am looking more closely and I am thinking more clearly, whether I write it down or not. So, I'm not going to beat myself up but be grateful for the space to reflect on such things. I've been in a pretty negative place lately and that has already changed. I'm feeling grateful for all sorts of things and a joy that has long been absent has reappeared. There are glimpses of hope and so I press on, trying to be more disciplined in my daily writing and reflecting on it's value. Perhaps other things have changed that might account for this change of heart, I don't know, but it seems to me that small stones are building new foundations.
Beth

5 comments:

  1. "small stones are building new foundations"... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If what I see here are not small stones, then I did not understand the description well. Perhaps a few are slightly larger stones, but they are each smooth, well polished, and pleasant to hold. I love them all. I will put them in my pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Vicki, so glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am looking more closely and I am thinking more clearly, whether I write it down or not."
    Thank you for this... this is my experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to find I'm not alone in this Eliza.

    ReplyDelete